Certified Product Innovation Professional - CPIP
Regardless of one’s career stage, certification as a CPIP is a valuable professional asset that distinguishes you as having the knowledge and ability to drive focused and purposeful innovation projects inside a business enterprise.
The Spark Engine Certified Product Innovation Professional (CPIP) learning program offers product leaders, product owners, and innovation professionals an opportunity to demonstrate an advanced understanding of key practices and mindsets related to product innovation and development.
The CPIP program is a master in product management and innovation for those interested in growing their ability to drive impact with innovative products and grow their career. This training program takes participants through a journey starting with classroom training and continuing with real-life experience in product development. You’ll learn by doing, and in the process you’ll build considerable expertise in building a real product.
Earn a CPIP certification
The Spark Engine product management and innovation training programs helps you and your organization spark product innovation and drive an impact. Our instructors have worked with hundreds of people from startups to Fortune 100 companies like Capital One, Microsoft, Lavazza, Walgreens, and Dassault Systemes.
The Spark Engine CPIP training program is an interactive learning experience full of practical, real-world techniques and hands-on exercises. Learn in-depth techniques and frameworks that spark product innovation and bring new and impactful ideas to life at any stage. You’ll learn by doing, while working on an actual product for six weeks with coaching from our instructors.
Learn to master product management and innovation with the Spark Engine training program and earn a Certified Product Innovation Professional (CPIP) certification. Offering both an engaging learning opportunity and hands-on experience, this training program will teach you how to build great products from discovery to delivery, spark innovation, and grow your career in the product space.
In this highly participatory and hands-on class, students learn the theories and practices that drive product innovation and development, including:
- Roles and responsibilities of a Product Manager
- The 5 Dimensions of Innovation
- Problem space and the 3 Problem Levels
- Customer discovery and insight mining
- Business evaluation, market sizing
- Ideation techniques and creative prompts
- Effectively manage transition from problem space to solution space for Problem-Solution fit
- The product vision and the Product Vision Canvas
- The Zones of Value framework
- Experimentation and validation of ideas with the Assumptions Stack
- Using the MVP Canvas to identify the core hypothesis
- Product Journey mapping to plan the Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- Metrics, measuring outcomes, driving business results
- Got to Market, market segmentation, and validation
- Identify risks and the Risk Card framework
- Problem-Solution fit versus Product-Market fit
- Repeatable process to go from idea to a plan for MVP ready for development
We believe that real learning comes in three ways: a great training program, shared experiences with other participants, and hands-on practice. This is why we deliver this program with real instructors, so that you can take full advantage of a rich and deep learning experience.
Following the initial training and for a six-week period, you’ll work on an actual product from Discovery through Delivery. Our instructors will provide hands-on coaching, guiding you through each step while you build your product. The hands-on practice of the program is divided in six modules, one per week:
- Week 1: Customer identification and interview preparation
- Week 2: Customer discovery, interviews, and sense-making
- Week 3: Ideation, Product Vision, Zones of Value, and rapid prototyping
- Week 4: Product vision, business model definition, MVP definition
- Week 5: Product journey map and prioritization
- Week 6: Roadmapping, metrics, outcome validation
The program is designed to give you a repeatable process to go from idea to a plan for MVP ready for development. Whether you are starting a new product, are looking for ways to grow an existing one, or are seeking new experience to grow in your Product Management career, the 6-week CPIP program gives you the hands-on and practical experience to execute the work of a Product Manager with confidence.
We are committed to you learning and developing a career in product management. Participants in a Spark Engine program also get follow-up coaching support on how to apply the learnings to their real-life projects and jobs. This is offered via our Slack community channel, via email, and conf-calls for 6 months after the class.
Those who earn a Certified Product Innovation Professional (CPIP) certification indicate a thorough understanding of strategic and tactical concepts in product management/product ownership with a focus on key principles of product innovation, human centered design, and agility. The Spark Engine training program and certification process are rigorous to ensure that those who pass the qualification fully understand product innovation and are able to apply the concepts immediately to be more effective in their jobs.
Upon completion of the entire 6-week program, participants earn the coveted Certified Product Innovation Professional (CPIP) certification. The Certified Product Innovation Professional (CPIP) certification affirms the individual’s proficiency at key, foundational product innovation methods and tools, including: customer discovery & insights mining, human-centered design and Design Thinking, Agile and Lean Startup, prioritization and planning methods, product development practices, hypotheses-driven MVPs, metrics and delivery practices, and innovation frameworks.
The Spark Engine program is designed to be highly experiential as we believe that real learning comes from experience, not from passive studying of concepts.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Become a kick*ss product manager
What other students are saying
The Spark Engine program at-a-glance
Product management training with a focus on innovation and impact. What makes Spark Engine different is the real-life experience you get by working on a real product together with a product innovation coach that guides you through the process step-by-step for six week. You develop unique perspective and deep expertise in product management and in your ability to spark innovation within your team and organization.
Who should apply?
The Spark Engine product management training program and CPIP certification expands expertise and mindset for those in roles responsible for driving innovation within their organization and leading product development efforts, such as:
- Product managers, product owners, and entrepreneurs looking to expand their expertise in product innovation and what process and tools of creative thinking are needed to generate and execute new breakthrough ideas for their organization.
- Product leaders who want to understand how to drive product innovation and elevate the mindset within their team and organization.
- Certified Scrum Product Owners (CSPOs) that are seeking to develop further expertise in applied product management practices to drive innovation within their organization.
Unlike a traditional CSPO class and other Agile-focused programs, the Spark Engine course assumes Scrum (and Agile) knowledge as a foundational skill-set. The program is agnostic of specific Agile frameworks, and its focus is therefore not so much on Agile practices, but rather on key drivers of innovation such as human-centered design, team empowerment, and continuous discovery and delivery. Our core framework is based on the Five Dimensions of Product Innovation.