Certified Product Innovation Associate - CPIA
Learn product management with the Certified Product Innovation Associate (CPIA) program. Offering both an engaging learning opportunity and hands-on experience, this training program teaches you the foundational frameworks that help product managers build great products from discovery to delivery, spark innovation, and grow their career in the product space.
Earn a CPIA certification
The Certified Product Innovation Associate certification is earned by those that complete the training program and demonstrate understanding of the practices and theories that drive product management and innovation.
The Spark Engine product management and innovation training programs helps you and your organization spark product innovation and drive an impact. Our instructors have worked with hundreds of people from startups to Fortune 100 companies like Capital One, Microsoft, Lavazza, Walgreens, and Dassault Systemes.
In this highly participatory and hands-on class, students learn the theories and practices that drive product management and innovation, including:
- The role of the Product Manager
- Going from project-focus to product-focus
- The 5 Dimensions of Product Innovation
- Drive Outcomes rather Outputs
- Design Thinking and human-centered design
- Customer discovery techniques
- User Personas
- Creating and sharing a Product Vision
- Rapid validation with prototypes and MVPs
- Roadmaps and KPIs/OKRs
- Planning a release
- Metrics, measuring outcomes, driving business results
We believe that real learning comes in three ways: a great training program, shared experiences with other participants, and hands-on practice. This is why we deliver this class in an interactive environment facilitated by live instructors, so that you can take full advantage of a rich and deep learning experience.
The program is delivered in-person or online using digital collaboration tools.
At the end of the training workshop, upon successful completion of all exercises, participants earn a Certified Product Innovation Associate (CPIA) certification by Spark Engine. This certification validates their participation in the class and the learning of foundational practices and mindset.
There is no exam. The class is designed to be highly experiential as we believe that real learning comes from experience, not from passive studying of concepts. However, students are required to complete the workshop and actively participate in all exercises in order to earn the CPIA certification.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Become a kick*ss product manager
What other students are saying
The Spark Engine program at-a-glance
Who should apply?
The CPIA product management training program is designed for anyone who desires to learn key practices and develop their Product Management expertise:
- Project and Product Managers who need tools, frameworks, and hands-on experience planning and launching products
- Product Owners who seek to learn how to effectively create a product backlog, develop vision, establish metrics, running experiments, and plan releases
- Business Analysts who need to foster competencies that help them transition to a product management role
- Entrepreneurs building a new product and figuring out where to focus for innovation and market validation
- Anyone new to product management and interested in accelerating their career in product
The CPIA program develops expertise and mindset for those seeking roles that drive product development and innovation within an organization.